Give Us a Call
The Best Openers if Your Garage Is Attached to Your Home
A belt drive opener is the most silent of the garage door openers available since it does not have the chain clinking around while it opens or closes the door. A belt driven opener makes use of a belt around a pulley that turns and lifts the door. These openers are easy and fast to install and one of our technicians can get it installed in just a few hours. If your garage shares a wall with any type of living space, this is the type of opener that will be perfect since it’s so quiet.
Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced rubber belt and is slightly more expensive than chain drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you’ll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door. We highly recommend this LiftMaster belt driven opener.
LiftMaster 8550 DC BATTERY BACKUP BELT DRIVE GARAGE DOOR OPENER
Powers up when power is down
- MyQ® technology enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on your mobile device so that you always know the status of your garage door and houselights.
- MyQ mobile app is a free download requiring no annual activation fee.
- P3TM Motors from LiftMaster® are reliable, durable and powerful – designed specifically for your needs.
- DC motor belt drive system is powerful yet ultra-quiet and maintenance free.
- Battery backup powers up even when the power is down so you can get in your garage.
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Lifetime motor and belt, 5-year parts and 1-year battery backup warranty.
- Security+ 2.0TM safeguards your household – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you.
- PosiLock® locks down your door by electronically monitoring against a forced opening.
- Timer-to-Close remembers to close your garage door when you forget – automatically closes the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector activates the garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in so no more fumbling in the dark.
- The Protector System® has safety sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.